Soursop fruits grow on flowering, evergreen trees native to the tropical regions of Southeast Asia, Africa and South America. The fruit is relatively large in comparison with its small, fast growing plant that reaches up to 10 meters tall. Scientifically known as Annona muricata, soursop fruit is also called by several other names that include graviola, guanabana, custard apple, brazilian paw paw and cherimoya. The heart-shaped fruit with its soft fleshy spines and a rough green skin is an effective cure against dangerous debilitating diseases. In most countries, people make use of the leaves, bark and roots of the tree for traditional remedies.
- Vitamin C- A natural antioxidant, it helps in enhancing the immune system and slowing the ageing process.
- Phosphorus- This essential mineral aids in bone mass formation and prevents osteoporosis.
- Potassium- Highly beneficial in deterring hypertension.
- Rich in Fiber- Fibrous content in soursop is highly nutritional and delightful that helps in lowering cholesterol and maintains for bowel regularity.
- Iron- A natural source for supplementing our daily iron requirements and preventing anemia.
- Rich in vitamin contents B1, B2
Medicinal Aids- Soursop is a healthy and delicious fruit that is used medicinally for treating illnesses ranging from worms to stomach ailments and other lethal diseases.
- The seeds contain anti-emetic properties that can be used as a treatment against vomiting.
- Its fresh crushed leaves, when applied upon skin eruptions, promote quick healing.
- The leaf decoction is quite effective for bedbugs and head lice.
- The fruit juice, if taken orally can act as a remedy for hematuria, liver ailments and urethritis.
- The juice of the fruit when taken during fasting is believed to cause relief against leprosy and liver ailments.
- A decoction of leaves or young shoots is considered a remedy for fever, indigestion, dysentery, diarrhea, coughs, catarrh and gall bladder trouble.
- The mashed leaves are often used as poultice for alleviating rheumatism, eczema and some other skin diseases.
- The flowers of soursop plant are believed to assuage catarrh.
The prickly long green fruit is an effective cancer remedy that happens to kill malignant cancerous cells up to 10000 times more efficiently than the traditional chemotherapy drugs. Soursop fruit is a broad spectrum antimicrobial agent for both fungal and bacterial infections, is quite effective against worms and parasites, can lower high blood pressure and is often used for stress, depression and nervous disorders. The extracts of this miraculous fruit can effectively target and kill 12 types of cancer including breast, prostrate, pancreatic, lung and colon cancer.